castle walls

Here's a nice looking fence that wasn't too expensive and looks good from both sides. Ideal for presenting your a front yard.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Designing a better fence.

I wanted to build a nice looking fence for the boundry between my and my neighbours front yard. As this was the front of my house - and I plan on staying in my house for a long time and transforming it into my castle. After doing some drawings of proposed fences that looked nice, I presented them to my neighbour and found she didn't like any of them. She had only one idea about fences - the fence should be tall and completely block out any view of her front yard. That's a pretty big difference in ideas.

I like the character of building with timber, but I couldn't find a design for a timber fence that I liked. Most timber fences have a good side for show and a bad side with posts and rails which forms the inside of somebodies yard. There are fencing products available for good neighbour fences, but these are fairly expensive.

To satisfy both of us, this fence I was building would need to have some characteristics:
1. Inexpensive
2. Attractive
3. Not have a good side and a bad side.
4. Tall.

I'll be adapting some fence desings because I haven't seen any fences designs that have these charcteristics.


Here's a sample panel from my fence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home